Up & Coming Events
- Marathon Paarlauf – 23rd January
- NYSD XC Richmond – 6th February
- Muddy Boots – 6th February
- NYSD Road Relays – 27th February
- NYSD XC Whitby – 6th March
- Senior & Masters NECAA XC relay Championships, Thornley Hall Farm – 19th March
- Young Athletes NECAA XC relay Championships, Thornley Hall Farm – 2nd April
- Kieran Maxwell T&F Event – 10th April
- Children With Cancer 5k Fun Run – 13th April
How do I?….
- I have a question or want to tell you something
- I want to sign up for an event
- I want to attend a training session
- I want to purchase kit
- I want to claim a club record
- I want to read about our clubs history
- I want to tell our members about our business or see what business they support
- I want to see what discounts are available to me
- I want to read our clubs processes or policies
It was great to see many of our juniors competing at the Durham Schools AA cross country event at Barnard Castle School, an event which saw some impressive performances across the groups as runners look to qualification for the next event.
To find out how our young athletes got out, full results can be found here Best of luck to you all in the next round and well done to you all who competed, brilliant running from you all!
Sunday saw the return of the Brass Monkey half Marathon which starts and finishes at York racecourse. This is a very popular event for PB hunters as it’s flat and fast and with perfect conditions you always have a chance of a personal best if you are in reasonable shape….today did not disappoint. Loads of personal bests amongst these results including Shaun Marshall, Jake Brown on his first HM , Jade Hutchinson breaking 90 minutes with a 4 minute improvement, Paul Dunne, Ian Brown who took an incredible 10 minutes of his previous best, Ted Kerby on his first HM and Trevor Mitchell who took a whopping 16 minutes of his previous best.
In addition to these times John Clifford smashed the M50 HM by nearly 13 minutes finishing 1st in his category on the day, Val Clarke 2nd F60, Catherine Anderson 3rd F65 despite carrying an injury and Shirley Gibson 1st F75. Some other great performances from our club members not mentioned here including Paul Allan’s 73 minutes and Jeff Miller’s 83 which is his quickest half marathon for 4 years, very impressive from someone only 352 days from his 60th birthday. As people are at different stages of their training, some returning from injury and illness some finishing times are a huge achievement despite not achieving a new best on the day.
Get this race on your radar for next year and hope for similar conditions, be great to see more Harriers running this event as we have in the past. Photos from the day can be found here
Full results can be found here
Don’t forget you can support the club by registering for the easyfundraising app here and helping the club raise money by going via this app prior to making your online purchases (It’s only another step in the process)
The club are supporting two fantastic charities again in April this year, our former member Kieran Maxwell and Children With Cancer. More information regarding The Kieran Maxwell memorial can be found here and the CWC event here