Thank you to everyone who has made a donation so far, you generous lot!
Up & Coming Events
- Croft 5k – 4th December 10:30
- NYSD XC Summerhill, Hartlepool – 5th December
- McTaggart Trot – 19th December
- Club Handicap – December TBC
- Jolly Holly Jog – 28th December
- NYSD XC Ormesby Hall – 9th January
- Temple Newsam Ten – 9th January
- Brass Monkey Half Marathon – 16th January
- Marathon Paarlauf – 23rd January
- NYSD XC Richmond – 6th February
- Muddy Boots – 6th February
- NYSD XC Whitby – 6th March
How do I?….
- I have a question or want to tell you something
- I want to sign up for an event
- I want to attend a training session
- I want to purchase kit
- I want to claim a club record
- I want to read about our clubs history
- I want to tell our members about our business or see what business they support
- I want to see what discounts are available to me
- I want to read our clubs processes or policies
Dave Tomlinson was competing for 102 REME in the UK North Cross Country Championships at Beverley near Hull this week. This was a qualifying event for the Army XC championships which takes place in January 2022. The trio finished 1st team in the masters category on the day so will look forward to hearing about Dave’s exploits in January! Well done Dave and team!
There’s been loads of our junior athletes competing this week and our two new writers, Zara Jones and Libby Hammond along with Sir Dave Bell will be sharing the results of all of the results soon so keep an eye on the website for these as there has been some very impressive performances. No spoilers but three of our rising stars below are looking rather pleased with their efforts…..just saying!
Trevor Mitchell was our only competitor at this weekends Doncaster 10km race. Trevor finished the race with a new personal best time of 48:10 for 590th place. Fantastic effort Trevor well done! Official photos have yet to be released but hopefully Trevor wasn’t camera shy and we can share one next week!
Results from the days race can be found here
Friday evening was the annual England Athletics Volunteering Awards for the North East of England. Normally these events are face to face but in current times the meeting was held via Zoom on this occasion. It was a great night for the club with Mark Tallon receiving runner up for Innovation in Athletics and Running which is recognising an individual/club/group who helped support their local community to stay active during the last 12 months. With the work Mark did under the lockdown period on the back to track events I think Mark should consider himself very unlucky not to win this category but still great recognition for him.
Tom Addison was also nominated for the Unsung Hero category with the work he has done on our website to mobilise Training over the lockdown period and allow the club to host it’s own events in addition the work he has been doing around memberships and coaching our juniors!
The club were also successful in winning NE Club of the year which is a huge achievement and credit to every single member of the club from athlete, parents, helpers and committee members.
You can watch Mark and I rambling through the awards video (Mark is first up then me around 50 minutes) here
Don’t forget, Croft 2km and 5km races on Saturday 4th December, all support very welcome!