Thank you to everyone who has made a donation so far, you generous lot!
Up & Coming Events
- Track Relay – 14th December
- McTaggart Trot – 19th December
- Jolly Holly Jog – 28th December
- Club Handicap – December 30th
- NYSD XC Ormesby Hall – 9th January
- Temple Newsam Ten – 9th January
- Brass Monkey Half Marathon – 16th January
- Marathon Paarlauf – 23rd January
- NYSD XC Richmond – 6th February
- Muddy Boots – 6th February
- NYSD XC Whitby – 6th March
How do I?….
- I have a question or want to tell you something
- I want to sign up for an event
- I want to attend a training session
- I want to purchase kit
- I want to claim a club record
- I want to read about our clubs history
- I want to tell our members about our business or see what business they support
- I want to see what discounts are available to me
- I want to read our clubs processes or policies
Saturday morning saw the club host it’s final event of the year, the Croft 5k and 2km fun run. Like all of the club events we rely on support from it’s members and once again we had a bunch of you coming along to help setting up, taking registrations, marshalling, race starters, time keeping, taking photographs and handing out medals and water to finishers.
The weather was cool and a little windy in parts which no doubt made it tough for the runners in those places but after Dave Tomlinson’s Strictly Come Dancing warm up, he got the junior fun run underway with some impressive performances from our young Harriers following wheelchair athlete Oliver Porter around the circuit.
Following the 2km fun run the 5km was underway with a small group breaking to the front of the field from the off, Lee Johnson amongst them. After completing the first half lap, Lee was sitting on the shoulder of the leader waiting for the right time to kick past him. The wind up the back straight didn’t seem to impact Lee as he took the win in 16.01 pulling away from the other runners heading down the pit lane. Video footage of the finishes was recorded on the day by Trevor and Linda McDermot and available on request (drop us a message if you want to see yours). Well done everyone on the day, some brilliant performances from our members. Big shout out to Andrew Walker for stopping his own race to support one of our athletes who had taken a fall.
Full results can be found here
Photos from all races can be found here
Ed Lamb was supporting St Teresa’s Hospice on the weekend at the local Santa Run with his family. These events are great to get involved with and supports a fantastic charity in the process. Don’t forget we have the McTaggart Trot on the 19th supporting this charity and is always good fun so get involved.
Sunday saw the 4th race of the Cross Country season this time at a very muddy Hartlepool. Again there was some terrific performances across the age groups, the junior performances have been captured here from our two Junior reporters Zara and Libby where our Senior Women took top spot once again on the day. Our Senior male team was partially impacted probably by the club’s 5km on the Saturday so didn’t have the quota to gain any team points.
Full results can be found here
The winter handicap is now available to enter so check out our event page and sign up to one of the two runs that we will host on the day. This event is free to all club members.
There will also be track relay event on the 14th at Eastbourne track, there will be no track sessions on this night . Details of this event can be found below so get involved!