Due to the current national lockdown, this fundraiser is being postponed. All donation received so far will be refunded as soon as possible. We will reschedule as soon as possible.
Huge thank you to the sponsors of the event and to all those who have already donated.
On Sunday 7th February our Speed & Foundation Groups are running a “Sprintathon Relay” – 210x 200m (+195m) – this is a Marathon distance (42,195 metres).
The Speed & Foundation Groups have split into two relay teams of 13 (one coach to twelve athletes) to complete 16(ish) x 200m each for two reasons:
- Coaches Ste & Andy thought it would be fun and push the athletes out of their comfort zones!
- To raise some funds for club
- Ste & Andy just love competing against each other!
The athletes will use a GPS watch as their “baton” to measure and time the relay (with a good old stopwatch and lap counters as back up!)
If you’d like to donate and be in with a chance of a prize please do so HERE.
When you donate you will be asked two questions:
- Which team do you think will record the fastest marathon time (Team Ste or Team Andy)
- What time you think the winning team will get (to the nearest second)
Get the right team and the closest time and you’ll be receiving a prize!! Other prizes will be given through a prize draw (to be drawn after the event) – every donation you make will add your name to the hat – remember you can donate as many times as you like (more donations = more chances of a prize).
Available Prizes (there may be more added before the draw is made):
- One month subscription to New Levels Coaching online classes
- One of 5 entries to the Gateshead Half Marathon (currently planned for 4th April 2021)
- One free event entry to all DHAC Track & Field Meets in 2021 (excluding The Kieran Maxwell Open)
- One article of upper body clothing from RunThrough Kit
- One article of lower body clothing from RunThrough Kit
For information here are some average 200m reps the teams would have to run to “break” some records:
Fastest Marathon: 1:59.40 (Eliud Kipchoge) – 211x 34s 200m
Men’s World Record: 2:01.39 (Eliud Kipchoge) – 211x 34.5s 200m
Women’s World Record: 2:14.04 (Brigid Kosgei) – 211x 38.1s 200m
Men’s British Record: 2:05.11 (Mo Farah) – 211x 35.6s 200m
Women’s British Record: 2:15.25 (Paula Radcliffe) – 211x 38.5s 200m
DHAC Club Record: 2:16.00 (Max Coleby) – 211x 38.6s 200m
Fastest Known 200m Marathon Relay: 1:30.40 (Kansas City Mixed Team) – 211x 25.7s 200m (they did have 60 athletes though)
Massive thank you to our supporters for this fundraiser: